Monday, June 13, 2011


I have felt such a peace with my Uncles passing because I know he is truly home. I hated seeing him in the nursing home. After the funeral we went back onto the farm and Brett, myself and Milly enjoyed walking down to the bridge. It was than that I began reflecting on how much I loved when I would wake up from a long drive to the farm ever time we hit his gravel driveway. Each time after I told Brett to be quite and just listen. I loved that sound because I knew a long journey ended and we were "home" at the farm. I picture Arnold walking down his driveway and being home again. I Know he is with loved one including my mom. I will never forget the memories made and the feeling of peace of finally being home.

2 comments:

The Behunin Family Story said...

That is one of my favorite sounds in the world.

The Anglesey Family said...

He had such a great life. You had an amazing relationship with him. Thank heavens for 4ever families.