Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Milly Pearl



I have had a few people ask me where we came up with Pearl for her middle name.
Back in May Grandpa Satterlee was once again diagnosed with Cancer. As time drew closer and closer to having Milly Brett and I still could not figure out a middle name, we found nothing that we were sold on. We kept waiting for the moment to hit us when we knew what her middle name would be without a doubt. Even being in the Hospital while Brett was filling out the papers we still didn't have a clue. We finally just decided to name her Sandra after my mom. Well like I have blogged about before Brett's Grandpa passed away shortly after seeing a picture of Milly. He had been having a hard day but while he looked at her picture he was completely at peace. He asked if she was okay and healthy, the answer was yes and that was all he needed. Thats what he was fighting for. I am so grateful to be a part of Milly's life to be a apart of a family that loves her so much and would fight to stay alive for.
I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.
After Grandpa passed away I was looking at Milly and thinking of Grandpa while reflecting of his life I thought about his many War stories, I thought about how every time he came over he would look at the fish and say "Those fish remind me of being at Pearl Harbor" than it hit me Pearl was the name I was waiting for I told Brett and he loved it as well. I could see in Bretts eyes the honor he felt that I would come up with such a name and that I would want that to be her name instead of my moms. We soon went and applied for a name change and have loved her name since. She truly is her Great Grandpa's little Angel. It has now been 3 months since grandpas passing, I still struggle with him gone. It brings a tear to my eye writing this, but I know I have a small peace of him in her that I will enjoy for years and years. Milly Pearl Singleton you are so loved.

2 comments:

The Behunin Family Story said...

I think that sometimes we think we name our children but really it is someone else. I know that is the case with Kylee. I think that Milly Pearl is such a beautiful name. And what a great honor to be named after someone that loved her so much without ever seeing her in person. Casan and Brett you have such wonderful families. Teach Milly Pearl about all of the them and about her legacy. I know that she has a wonderful heritage from both sides. She is so lucky and blessed.

The Dell Family said...

Casandra I love that story! REally it brought a tear to my eye too reading about it. I love Milly Pearl. She is one of the cutest little girls ever. Seriously, I look at her and think she could be one of mine : ). I am starting to see Brett in her but I know your in there too. A good mix : )