Sunday, August 26, 2012

Labor and Delivery

So even though I cant be positive I'm pretty sure this is my last child. Throughout the entire pregnancy I never complained to much about pains or anything because I felt as though I just needed to enjoy being pregnant one last time and take it for what it is, and now that she is here I never put her down cause I still have that same feeling of this is it and take it all in. With that being sad it was an easy pregnancy but hard in the same way. I learned a lot about faith, I had to have and exercise faith and believe all would be okay. I was sick numerous of times with Priya and had to trust in my doctor that what he gave me would not hurt her. So back to the not complaining after going through one pregancy its easy not to complain at first cause you know how hard its going to get but the week that I had her holy cow it was so hard to not say anything about the pains I was having. On Monday I was checked by the doctor and was at a 4 so I thought okay I will go any second now I can do this, but then came Tuesday, Wednesday and by Thursday OH MY. I guess I wasnt helping anything since I mowed the lawn in 100 degree weather on Thursday hoping to go into labor. But all these things I tried just mad the pain worse. So Friday morning we went to Davis hospital, when the nurse checked me I was at a 5 so we decided to be induced and get the ball rolling. I first agreed to an epidural I wasn't about to try this again without. I have really low blood pressure as it is but the epidural made it extremely low. I soon started to feel really sick so I told Brett to get the nurse, when the nurse checked my blood pressure it was 29/44. This really scared me I was not only scared for my baby but my own well being as well. I soon was being pumped with some kind of antibiotic to stablalize me. Although it felt like forever to stableize me Brett says the whole thing lasted about 10 minutes. After that I still felt really sick and then I began to feel a horrible pain in my arm, the meds were up to high this was causing the pain going through the IV. Once the nurse fixed that she checked me again and I was there, most people would be excited but I wasn't cause I felt like crap. When Doctor Spencer got there I started to feel the pain in my arm again so they had to turn the IV meds down even more. I couldn't catch a break. I was so sick and my arm hurt so much all before I'm suppose to deliver a baby. So I told Brett that I wasn't up for doing this and I would just pretend like I was trying to push so I wouldn't get in trouble. It didn't help that my doctor just kind of tossed my lower body around prepping everything, that made me feel sea sick. Although they told me to start pushing so like I said before I made the face and pretended. The nurse then called the nursery to tell them we were delivering and while on the the phone she says "we just delivered" Yes Priya came out that easy. I couldn't feel a thing down there but I guess some how I managed to push correctly. I realized that I delivered Milly on my own that the epidural wore off with her I never new this till now. WOW those things can take away all the pain, I use to think they just helped but nope they are an incredible drug. As Priya was coming out the doctor said she has a lot of hair, I looked at Brett for confirmation and sure enough he agreed. From that moment everything was perfect no more pains just bliss. We enjoyed just holding and looking at her for the next few hours, it was nice I really felt like they gave us a lot of time alone with her. I love every second of it!

1 comment:

The Dell Family said...

YAY... because I so out of the loop for a second I thought ...what casandra hasn't had her baby yet? I'm so lame I know that's what 4 kids does to you.