Monday, August 10, 2009

And People Are CRAZY

So as I'm setting down with one of my clients today the door bell rings. It was a guy that we had sold some of our chickens to a couple months ago. He says " I need to exchange these Roosters for Hens". I was so taken by surprise, I didn't know what to do. 1st of all you can never tell which are male and female at that young, so therefore we would never guarantee that the buyer is getting hens. Although with these ones we did no for sure that one of them was a boy, and we told him that and he was OKwith having one boy. He even acted like he knew a lot about chickens and told us "Oh yeah these are Hens", we thought whatever buddy. Well all 3 of them ended up being Roosters. So back to the story he goes to the backyard and than says Oh Ill take that one. I thought whatever buddy you'll take what I give you. WHY I LET HIM EXCHANGE THEM IN THE 1ST PLACE I DON'T KNOW. But he sure wasn't going to pick out what he wanted. I Called Brett frantically because we know have 2 Roosters that are going crazy and thinking they own the JOINT. He couldn't believe what the guy had the nerve to do. We are not a STORE, we never promised him they were Hens. One of the guys Brett works with said that Casandra should have asked for his receipt.

Meanwhile we have 5 babies, 1 Hen and, 2 Roosters, We just put an ad trying to sell them for only a Buck hope we do. Not sure what the neighbors will think when they wake up to not only 1 but 2 Crowing Roosters. Im sure they loved the quitness the last month of us not having any roosters.

1 comment:

The Dell Family said...

That's funny. I hate when people complain go to extremes to get what they want.