Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Kill ( I would only read this if your a family member, probably borning for anyone else)




Friday morning we got on the tractor and drove out into the pastore not 10 minutes into the ride and we saw a Badger taking its sweet o time along like it knew we didn't have a gun,(Dad had the gun with him in the cab). So he stopped the tractor and gave the gun to Brett (we were ridding in an open cage type thing) Well the rest of the time they didn't see anything. But they were pretty hungry for a kill so after getting back to the farm house Brett went on his own hunt, he ended up finding this huge black snake just North of the farm house. He told me to go get my dad to come out, my dad and Dad came out and said and I quote " This is one pretty stupid snake letting me load all 25 rounds into this clip and not move." Brett's clip had 10 loaded. Well since Brett found the snake my dad said he could have the first shot but watch out after that. Well Brett did get the first shot and the second and third, Why was my Dad not shotting you ask?? Well because he forgot to load the chamber or something like that so by the time my dad figured out what happened to late snake got away. This snake was pretty determined it wasn't going to die, after Brett hit it once the snake collied up ready to attack, Brett shot it again and it than took off. They thought it went into a tree stump but couldn't find it. Well after giving each other crap back and fourth for a while and getting back home from visiting Arnold Brett thought he would look for it again. Sure enough he found it in the tree stump (honestly they are pretty lucky that the snake didn't come out and bite their face when they were digging and kicking that stump trying to find it earlier). Well both "Gunnies" were ready that time and probably put 70 rounds into that snake, it finally died once they finally were able to get head shots. Well family I truly wish you were all there I dont think I do this story justice it was quite entertaining.

2 comments:

The Dell Family said...

O Crap I wish I was there! I totally could see both the boys excitement. I'm going to have to tease dad for not being ready the first time. Seriously -- Im laughing out loud : )

Adrian and Danell said...

That snake looks so gross!