Sunday, October 25, 2009

Uncle Arnold


It was nice that Arnold got released from the Hospital the last night that we were there so I was at least able to see him in higher spirits. It still was really hard to see him at a nursing home rather than his house but he is still in great health and doing great for 92. I wanted to get some video of him so I can always remember his voice and personality. Not sure if something is wrong with me or what but I don't have the kind of memory I would like. Some of my favorite things about Arnold are... "By Gollie", how he would always name a baby pig after us, My favorite thing about him though would have to be that this guy knows how to keep his cool, I have never seen him be upset EVER, and to me thats pretty amazing. I'm sure he got mad at us kids when we had Track practice on his Hay Bails (Jumping on Hay stacks makes dents in the Hay which water can sit in and ruin the Hay). Or I bet it wasn't his favorite thing when we went down there and rode his pigs making them lose weight right before he wanted to sell them, and I bet he wasn't a huge fan of us kids when we made the cattle stampede over the fence But I, or anyone else would have ever known he was mad, he never uttered a complaint. Brett's favorite thing about him is that he is such a kind and caring person, he doesn't know Brett well but treats him like he has known him forever, Brett also likes how him and my Dad just like to say "Inkie" (I must have heard that name 300 times that trip) Inkie is a car salesman down there, Inkie informed us that Arnold has never bought a car from him. Whats your favorite memory of Arnold?

3 comments:

The Dell Family said...

There is not just one memory that stands out to me there are many. I loved watching him put the rings in the pigs noses. I also loved riding in the tractor with him. I also loved watching him fix anything. I just loved walking next to him all day. Everything he did was so fascinating to me.

The Anglesey Family said...

"How's the weather there?"

The Behunin Family Story said...

I love to be at the farm and just be with Uncle Arnold like Andrea said. I also loved watching him carry the 5 gallon buckets filled with water. I always thought that he had to be the strongest man alive because he could carry two and I could not lift one. You are right Uncle Arnold truely is one of the greatest men alive and can let anything roll off his back, you always know he loves you even if he does not say it. One thing I love is the way he says "No" it is not just "no" but "NNNNNOOOOOO" I love listening to him tell stories about the farm when he and then when dad was little. uncle Arnold has always been one of my most favorite people in the whole world and one that I admire.