Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Like taking candy from a Baby

So this phrase brought all new meaning to me over the weekend. We went down to St. George and Vegas. We had such a great time but unless Andrea posts pictures their will be none, because on Friday Brett went to the Drag races took one picture and left the camera on and well it drained the battery. I loved just hanging out and escaping Utah for a while. On Halloween day we meet up with some old friends Marie and her husband and we all went trick or treating at the Mall. This was great they were giving away full size candy bars, MILK and Full loaves of Bread, it was wonderful. Well Brett and I had Emberlynn we thought this is good we can get all the candy we want. Addi and Alix are good sharers but lets face it Emberylynn is to little to talk or care. SO WE THOUGHT. 1st of all Emberlynn held on to her bucket so tight, there was no way she was letting go, and 2nd when I did go to take a piece of candy she was starring me down, I felt so uncomfortable and bad I couldn't get myself to take the candy. At one point I gave it to her to see if she would than give it back to me if I held out my hand and asked, yeah don't ask me what I was thinking that sure wasn't happening. She was super cute with the candy but don't let the phrase fool you taking candy from a baby is a lot harder than it may seem.

5 comments:

The Dell Family said...

That's funny! You guys could have taken all of her candy we have way too much. Addison is going crazy over all the candy-- literally --and it's not funny. We had to have a full day of no candy yesterday and things were much more pleasant.

The Dell Family said...

That's funny! You guys could have taken all of her candy we have way too much. Addison is going crazy over all the candy-- literally --and it's not funny. We had to have a full day of no candy yesterday and things were much more pleasant.

The Behunin Family Story said...

I could have told you that saying was a lie. I remember when Trenton was 2 years old we went to Dad's house for Halloween. Grandpa was taking him and could not sneak a piece of candy. Trenton realized that the more house we went to the more candy he got. He kept saying "More Candy" He was so tired from walking all those hills, dad and I offered to carry his candy but he would not let it out of his candy, so he dragged it. Don't ever try to get between a kid and their candy.

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

That is a funny story. While I was reading I just thought about that story with Trenton too. That is fun that you went down there. Because my kids got too cold and had to come back. But Spencer did walk a long ways.

Amy said...

how fun! come stop by our house next time :)