Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day Farms



A couple of days ago I went to a local farm and bought some strawberries. I absoutely loved being outside and picking my own while supporting my local farmers. For me it is so self nuturing and peaceful. While I was there I also noticed the wheat fields, I think that is one of the most beautiful sights a person can see. Although they were already plowed the golden fields were just amazing. Im thankful for the farmers and there hard work. Having my own Garden I have learned just how hard gardening can be. Well I really enjoyed my strawberries just eating them plan as well as making strawberry cobbler. Im pretty sure I will go back again and this time try jam.

1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

It is always so good to support the local farmers. I just think of how hard our family has worked over the years out in Kansas. You are so right-farmers are such hard workers. When I was in Kansas this past spring I Uncle Arnold showed me a letter that mom had written him years ago. There was a poem about farmers (I wish that I had copeied it) and then mom said how much she thinks of the farmers everytime she goes to the grocery store. I try to remember how much hard work goes into all the food I eat. Thank you for the post to remind everyone of the hard workers. I also totally agree which you on how beautiful a field of wheat is.