Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Granpas Funeral


In my life I have witnessed very few humbling experiences. Attending Grandpas funeral will forever be held closely in my heart. I always knew what an exceptional man he was but seeing the people who attended the funeral and the service itself only testified that much more to me. It made me ask the question "What have I done with my life and what will my funeral be like? Will I have accomplished, and be as successful as he? I can tell you the answer now and thats NO. Grandpa served in the Military and was the Head Chief for the Sunset Fire Department. He worked hard to provide for his family, making it possible for his wife to stay at home. He was hard working and loving. I remeber a few years ago the table in our back yard blew over, me being lazy figured it could sit there till Brett got home. Grandpa was looking out at the chickens when he noticed the table and insisted on fixing it. I remember filling so guilty, what if he hurt himself. Thankfully he didn't and he also didn't like my help either. He was very independent to say the least.

No comments: