Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Labor and Delivery


Well as much as I tried to get her to come on her own, she just wouldn't have it. I tried everything except the whole castrol oil, I wasn't going to go there. But Milly has a mind of her own. It was so funny to hear me talk on how I was going to have this baby and how thing would play out. ONe being that no matter what she would come on her own, well than we found out that my doctor would be out of town so we than decided that the latest would be the 4th. Well as time drew near and I became more and more miserable with being a whale and being uncomfortable I would have let them take her earlier than her due date. Well enough said I went in Friday morning a little before 8am to be induced. The first thing I had them do before anything else was have them check me, and unfortantly I was still a 2 which is what I had been for weeks. So the doctor came in broke my water and started the whole process. At this time I still was foolish and thought I could be induced without an epidural after all this was going to all be in my control. For those of you who dont know being induced makes your contractions come faster and stronger, so after 3 hours of sucking up this horrible pain I told them to check me again, I was still a 2. At that point I agreed to an epidural. Prior to all this Brett and I had been going to a birthing class and they told us that you should have a code name for an epidural. Well we had one but Brett knew better than to make me say it, he did not question my decisions at all. It than took the anastesologist at least another hour to get up here so once again I had them check me, if I had any progress I would continue to wait but nothing still a 2. He started to admister the epidural. One of the reasons I was not going to get one is because honestly that scared me more than giving birth but at that moment BRING IT ON. I know that the only way I was able to go through with it was becasue of all the pain casue I cant even remember it stinging or anything for that matter, in fact I wouldnt have known they even started doing anything if it wasnt for Bretts production, I wont post what he did he might be embarrased but lets just say the nurse told him to sit down and asked him if he needed some water, he is not a fan of blood and needless. Once the epidural kicked in WOW I was on easy street, I was happy again talking, and sleeping. I told Brett that all of what I said prior about not getting an epidural was JUST CRAZY TALK. Than around 3pm I started feeling some pain and asked the nurse if I could get some more relief, she needed to check me first and saw that I was a 10, so she left the room to get the doctor. The Epidural guy came in and started to unhook everything so I hurried and pushed the button, he looked at me and said "I already turned it off" I think he thought I was addicted or something even though I didn't push it the whole time. One more thing about the Labor, my doctor is big on everything is a "CRAP Shoot" his words, when we would ask him when he thought the baby would come towards the end of the pregnancy that is what he would tell us. Well let me just say that at 8am he left and said "alright I will plan on seeing you this after noon and having this baby born at 4pm'" Milly was born at 4:01pm so I lets just say for this next baby I'm not buying the whole crap shoot thing he knows more than he wants me to think. I pushed for an hour which was really annoying because I was trying so hard and I could tell by the way my doctor acted if I was doing good or not. If I did good he was looking down there, when I wasn't he was looking all around trying to watch the sticking tv or have conversations. I would say "Am I doing okay" his response "Oh yeah your doing great. I wanted to yell than stop talking and looking all over, it drove me nuts. After 55 minutes I was so tired mainly from being an idiot earlier and trying to fight off the pain without an epidural that we decided to get a vacuum and see if that would help and it did it was on there maybe 2 seconds and here she was. Although in all the videos from class it looked like once you got the head out the baby just comes out, Not really pushing her body still took a lot of effort and I was tired. Milly than went with the nurses as I began to get sowed up and deliver the placenta, the Doctor asked me if I wanted to see it, I told him I wasn't a fan of that kind of stuff, but now I think I maybe should have just glanced at it. Although I don't care that much I'm not losing sleep or anything over it. Shortly after my Dad and Kristie came and saw her as well as Jill and Duane. Than it was time to get a little cleaned up myself and move rooms.

1 comment:

The Dell Family said...

The funny thing in years to come you will forget all about this day, more how you felt and you will tell Brett lets do it again! and again X 8