Thursday, August 5, 2010


My heart is so heavy as I begin this post that I cant even figure out where to start. On July 5th Brett received a phone call from his Dad telling him that grandpa had passed away, Brett was in the Laundry room at the time when I walked in to do something I remember looking at Brett's face and not even knowing who he could be talking too, felt and knew exactly what happened. I felt so guilty, I knew why and what he was living for, but I guess I thought I had just a little bit more time. My heart was so hurt by the fact that I didn't get little Milly over there to see him. Sunday night Grandpa was having a hard night he wasn't at all alert, until Jill brought over the picture of Milly, I am told that at that moment he was completely at peace and fine as he looked at her. Grandpa than asked if she was okay and healthy. That was it, he had served and fulfilled his mission here on earth and was ready to go home. I miss him so much, I have thought about him everyday and felt his assistance now as I take care of this little girl. I know every time I have had enough of the crying and feel I cant go on he is the one giving me the strength to go on, after all he is one of the strongest men I know. He severed his country proudly was a great father, grandfather and Great grandfather. I believe every time Milly is staring off and smiling she is looking at him as well as my mom. Grandpa Thank you for being who you are and were. Thank you for teaching me how to be strong, I have felt so hopeless at times with Milly but I have thought about you fighting Cancer so many times and overcoming other obstacles, and it gives me the power to push through. I cant imagine how hard it must have been this last time to go through treatments that weren't helping but just hoping and having the will power to hold on a little longer. Thank you for doing that for us and for Milly I cant wait to teach her about you. Thank you for being the husband you were, you and grandma were so cute together. Most of all Thank you for loving me I know you saw me as your own grandchild not just an in law. Most of all Thank you for all you did for myself Brett, and Milly

No comments: