Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Memorial Day 2010



I still miss Colorado and my wards Annual Memorial Day breakfast, but Brett and I are starting to make some great traditions of our own. The morning started with Brett running the Syracuse 5K, he did great and I enjoyed watching him. We than went to breakfast at Star Cafe, we had never been there but heard great things one being that you can get ice cream with your pancakes. Well neither of us got pancakes but we still enjoyed what we ordered. After breakfast we went home and did a little bit of yard work, got ready and went to the West Point cemetery this year we took Brett's grandma and I am glad we did. I know it made her day, but I really enjoyed hearing stories about Brett's grandpa I never heard before. We than had lunch, went shopping and than headed up to a Rehab center where Brett's Grandpa is and visited with him and celebrated his other grandmas birthday. It was a great day.

4 comments:

The Anglesey Family said...

Baby's coming soon! Exciting!!!

Season and Isabella said...

Hi
This reminded me I was going to tell all you girls, our family was making our annual Memorial Day visit to Crown Hill Cemetery to visit my family and we stopped by your mom's grave site as well. It brought a little tear to my eye and Tim and I talked about you girls and how proud she would be of all her kids! We love you all!

Widdison said...

I'm so excited for you both!! There isn't anything that can describe the feeling you will have once you hold Milly in your arms for the first time. Enjoy every moment. If you need anything, just let us know. Cassandra, we will have to have play dates!

Adrian and Danell said...

Way to go Brett!